AUTHOR: Laura TITLE: New Paper Pieced blocks DATE: 4/14/2006 09:07:00 AM ----- BODY:
Hello!!! Well I got done with two of Michele's blocks for her Row robin. Her theme is flowers. So, naturally I'm using a lot of floretic fabrics. I wish I had time to do some applique flowers but I dont. Anywho. here's block number one: Image hosting by Photobucket I love how there's a circle here but it was all paper pieced. It looks WAY WAY harder than it is. hehehehe I went to equiltpatterns.com for this block pattern. This is the second one: Image hosting by Photobucket I got this pattern from Peggy Martin's book, Quick Strip Paper Piecing. With paper piecing, I would alway cut the most ridiculously biggest piece of fabric with like a 2.5 inch seam allowance. Yeah, the block would get done but I'd waste a whole lot. Her method eliminates that, which I fully support!!!! Now, what to pick for the remaining four blocks??? Luna and I are putting our heads together Image hosting by Photobucket until next time laura
--------